When it comes to marketing, earning the trust of prospective customers should always be the end goal. Today’s customer has a wide variety of choices in brands they can purchase from. There’s also a multitude of sources that influence their decision making process.
TrustRadius recently conducted a study that evaluated opportunities, gaps and changing undercurrents between buyers and sellers of technology, and the results were quite interesting to say the least.
Most Important Resources for Making a Buying Decision
The study found that buyers preferred resources that provided them with genuine insights into the product. Today’s buyer has a multitude of information sources at their disposal when making a buying decision, as those cited by the TrustRadius’ study:
- Free trials
- Product demos
- Referrals from trusted sources such as friends or colleagues
- User reviews
- Vendor presentations
- Product websites
- And several others
The study found buyers citing the product demo as one of the key information sources they rely on when making a purchasing decision, as the product demo was rated at the top in all 3 aspects of the buying process.
- Information Sources Used By Buyers
The product demo was #1 on the list
- Helpfulness of Information Sources
The product demo was #2 on the list, second only to a free trial.
- Trustworthiness of Information Sources
The product demo was #3 on the list, third only to a free trial and referral from a friend or colleague.
The study clearly illustrates that buyers want hands-on experience with a product before they buy. Product demos were cited by study participants as being most helpful, and providing the most trustworthy information that offered a realistic view into how the product actually works, and of course a real-time view of how it may be of value to them.
Product Demos and Webinars
Product demo webinars are one of the most efficient ways to increase conversion rates and develop trust in the product being promoted and the brand promoting it. There really is no better way to provide an audience with a product demonstration and in real time!
- The webinar setting offers the opportunity to show how a product works in real time, with helpful tools that include screen sharing, and whiteboard.
- A webinar allows you to present the product in various ways, in order to target specific chunks of audiences. You can personalize demonstrations for specific uses or situations, something that the B2B Buying Disconnect study participants noted they especially liked.
- A live webinar allows for audience participation via e. g. a Q&A module, enabling them to ask specific questions and get direct answers to learn how valuable the product can be for them.
- Webinars also allow for highly personal interaction with potential customers – remember that there is always a live presenter involved, and that helps in building trust.
- Recorded webinars can be repurposed in a variety of ways, especially to entice and engage new leads far into the future.
Using a webinar platform to create your product demo offers you unparalleled flexibility and the unique personalized perspective your customers crave. So get started today!